Salem Arts is offering a solo exhibition to one artist member.
Submissions must be delivered by 6:00 PM on Sunday May 28.
Exhibit dates are June 30 - July 30 2017
You may submit your application to be considered by providing the information requested below.
Members of the Salem Arts board of directors will jury submissions.
Interested artists must hand-deliver their application to the Salem Arts Gallery at 211 Bridge Street. Email or Snail-Mail submissions will not be accepted.
How to enter:
1. Provide 10-15 JPG images of your current work on a CD-ROM disc or flash drive
1. Minimum image file size should be 1024 pixels in width or height for each sample image
2. Images must be labeled with the artists first initial, last name, and the file number. (Example jdoe-1.jpg)
3. A numbered list of the images must be included. This should be printed and included with your proposal statement and exhibition description. Do not just include in in your disc or drive.
2. Submitted images should be recently produced and not have been exhibited previously at Salem Arts galleries.
3. Submitted images must be representative of the quality, medium, and content to be exhibited.
4. The exhibition will be awarded based on the work that is submitted. It is expected that some, if not all of the submitted work to be included in the exhibit.
5. The majority of the artwork should be for sale; Salem Arts encourages gallery sales and receives a 20% commission on all work sold.
6. New and/or additional work may be added to an accepted exhibit proposal but should be discussed with the gallery chairperson.
7. Provide the following printed on 8.5x11 letter size paper with your digital image submissions.
1. Resume/Vitae containing your background, contact information, email address, phone, and website.
2. Written description of your proposed exhibition, theme, content, and any special needs for display.
3. The numbered list of images provided in your digital samples.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Artists will be notified on June 1 of the juror’s decisions.
If your exhibition proposal is accepted:
1. A fee of $100.00 will be required for the use of the gallery.
2. The awarded solo exhibition will be in the larger gallery room on the right. This gallery offers approximately 45 linear feet of wall space.
3. Exhibit dates are June 30 Through July 30, 2017
4. Installation will be done between June 27-29. Times may be negotiated with the gallery chairperson.
5. Work must be removed from the gallery on Monday July 31.
6. The artist is expected to host an exhibition reception. Reception date must be negotiated with the gallery chairperson.
7. The artist is expected to host a workshop or gallery talk event in the gallery during the exhibition. Date may be planned with the gallery chairperson.
8. Salem Arts will promote the exhibition on our website and social media.
9. Salem Arts will provide 100 postcards and 10 posters. Design assistance will be offered with collaboration from the selected artist.
Questions should be directed to the Gallery Chairperson, Jim Bostick, by emailing to email@example.com